i saw god in the forest teaching tai chi to the trees

today is an inspiration post extraordinaire!

firstly, among the things I am most excited about in life... art history. my history of photo class is absolutely wonderful and every day i leave class with my brain bursting with excitement and zest! i can't wait to take more. yesterday we talked about the bauhaus. it's an art school in germany that's still operating, but it began in 1918 during the weimar republic after wwi. it was part of the beginning of modernism and so many influential artists taught there, like piet mondrain. (i knew there was a reason i always loved him.) i love the design- especially poster design. i think we do a bauhaus project in a later design class and i'm excited.





last weekend i saw the movie bright star when my mom came to visit. it was wonderful. it's about the poet john keats and his love, fanny brawne. i love john keats' poetry and the movie was beautiful. a bit slow, but we saw it on a rainy day and it was perfect. this is one of my favorite keats poems.

When I have fears that I may cease to be
Before my pen has glean’d my teeming brain,
Before high piled books, in charact’ry,
Hold like rich garners the full-ripen’d grain;
When I behold, upon the night’s starr’d face,
Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,
And think that I may never live to trace
Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance;
And when I feel, fair creature of an hour!
That I shall never look upon thee more,
Never have relish in the faery power
Of unreflecting love! - then on the shore
Of the wide world I stand alone, and think
Till Love and Fame to nothingness do sink.




next on the list of inspiration is photographers! brian ferry's photos are excellent, and make me want to travel and eat in pretty resturants. the photos below are from portland and brooklyn.



marie hochhaus also takes lovely pictures.
a tulle + forest photoshoot is definitely in order.



& where the wild things are comes out tomorrow! horray! jen and i are making crowns!
& i can't stop listening to the latest michael buble - it's called "haven't met you yet." :)
& ben sollee, an cello player/singer I heard at ACL. he's adorable.


1 comment:

lsandoe said...

Ben Sollee is lovely.
I'm glad I'm not the only one listening to that Michael Buble song over and over again.
<3

{search the past}